Friday, September 23, 2011

2,922 days of marriage

I got married before digital photography was available. Isn't that awesome? So, no wedding pictures. Just picture me in a white dress. Him in a tux. Got it? Good.

I tend to operate in increments of 11. Therefore, today I will be sharing with you 11 thoughts on staying married.

#1: ONE NIGHT OUT WITH THE GUYS PER WEEK = MANDATORY! My man NEEDS this. It works for us. It's awesome. We both win.


#2: IT'S OKAY TO GO TO BED MAD. Oh, #2, where were you in my 20's?? Just try it sometime, it's amazing.


#3: WORK HARD TO BE SOMEONE, HE WANTS TO COME HOME TO. Try not to nag as much, try not to be bitchy or bothered. Just try. Not eliminate, just reduce. I'm not a saint, you know.


#4: BE A FREAK IN THE SHEETS AND A LADY ON THE STREETS. My guy needs intimacy just as much as I do. I know he appreciates when I take time feel and look my best.



#5: LOVE HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY. Really love them. Be accepting.



#6: BE COMMITTED. FOR BETTER FOR WORSE. I know that we are a together forever type of team. I feel loved and needed and cherished. I hope he feels needed and loved and appreciated. Fight sometimes, it makes life interesting. Love sometimes, it makes life worth it.


#7: BE THANKFUL. I don't believe I've filled my car with gas more than 10 times in the last 2,922 days. I call it the gas fairy, but it's really my husband that does it. Yes, without asking.


#8: MAKE HIS FAVORITE MEAL. You've heard 'The way to a man's heart is through his stomach'? I don't know if it's true or not, but I want his heart and I'm willing to make the meal.




#9: TELL HIM WHAT YOU WANT. My sweet hubby is not a mind reader. If I want flowers, I say "Will you buy me flowers this week?" (or better yet, just buy them for myself) If I want more romance, I say "Let's get a babysitter and go on a date". If I want him to hug me more, kiss me more, hold my hand more. I say 'hug me more' 'kiss me more' 'hold me more'. It works.


#10: I shit you not. The best part of being married, is having a warm body to shove my frozen toes under in the middle of the night. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that I have a warm man, who doesn't mind my frozen digits. Is that weird?


#11: Compromise is king.

No comments: