Monday, July 21, 2008

First Hike of the Summer!

Yesterday, I hiked Rawhide Trail in White Ranch Park, just NW of Golden about 20 minutes. I went with Melanie, Ruth and her two kids. This is the perfect hike for the following: first one of the season, out of town guests, families (with some athletic ability) and those of us who love to enjoy the view!! We definitely went the right way (literally) so as the watering hole was at the middle end of the hike. The hike is about 4.5 miles long with about 1300' in elevation....not too strenuous, although I was impressed with the amount of sweat seeping through my shirt. Gross? Not to me, it's cool! The views from this hike are magnificent.. the trail goes through a canopied forrest, grassy plains and wooded areas....the smell is fresh and cleansing....there was a slight breeze and wildflowers were in full bloom. WHY DIDN'T I BRING MY CAMERA????

No comments: