Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11, Patriot Day



I was living in Lakewood, Colorado with my childhood friend, Keri. It was 9:00 in the morning, she came into my room and told me to turn on the t.v. An airplane had flown into one of the World Trade Center Towers in New York City. At this point, it was not known if it were an accident or an attack. Minutes later our questions were answered as another plane flew into the 2nd tower of the World Trade Center. Another plane flew into the Pentagon. A 4th plane failed to complete it's intended mission as it nosedived into a plane in Pennsylvania, Flight 93. The victims aboard Flight 93, after hearing of the three attacks, fought like hell to keep their plane from reaching it's destination. They are heroes. They are all heroes. All the innocent people on the airplanes, all the innocent lives taken in the towers, all those hit at the Pentagon, are all heroes. They are angels, they are in my heart forever.

God Bless America, land that I love!

No comments: